Revision Legal’s patent attorneys are dedicated to protecting our clients’ inventions. Our patent attorneys assist clients by:
- Providing patentability and prior art searches;
- Prosecuting provisional, utility, and design patent applications before the USPTO;
- Filing for international patent protection;
- Monitoring of potential infringing inventions;
- Responding to post-grant actions from the USPTO; and,
- Filing and defending patent infringement actions.
We help clients determine their ability to obtain patent protection by performing an initial legal opinion regarding the proposed patent. Understanding the risks and benefits of moving forward with patent protection is strongly recommended before making the investment into prosecuting a patent.
Patenting your invention prevents other individuals from creating similar products within the same scope for roughly 20 years. This monopoly on your product is the gold standard of IP protection.
Patent infringement can be an incredibly complex matter that puts a number of business issues at issue. We work with clients to form a plan regarding litigation to ensure we are meeting business goals while protecting patent rights.
The licensing of your patent to third-parties requires a review of your business goals, precision in drafting the license agreement, and negotiation to put you in the best position possible.