A web attorney is an Internet lawyer that is familiar with the law surrounding the creation and operation of websites. A good web attorney is familiar with the following areas:
- Website copyright registration;
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- Website privacy policies;
- The Child Online Privacy Protection Act;
- The EU Data Protection Directive; and
- Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.
A web attorney not only understands the law applicable to websites, but a good web attorney will also be able to litigate Internet law issues in state and federal courts. A web attorney will not only understand the law, but he or she will understand the technology underlying the Internet, which aids the web attorney in analyzing and solving Internet law problems.
If you seek a web attorney, contact the web attorneys at Revision Legal at 855-473-8474 or complete the contact form to the right.