You can find a video gaming lawyer here at Revision Legal. We have the experience and legal skills to provide the various types of services that video gaming developers and video gaming companies need. We invite you to call us at 231-714-0100 or 855-473-8474 or use our “Contact Us” page.
We have decades of experience in intellectual property law. You may need to register trademarks for your video game development. We can help.
You may even need a patent lawyer if your computer code structure is novel and patentable. We can help with patent applications.
You may need copyright legal services – a common legal need for video game businesses. Aside from copyright registration, we can provide legal advice and counsel with respect to ownership issues. If various original works of authorship are jointly created, then there may be a need for a joint-ownership copyright registration AND for ownership agreements to be drafted and executed. We can also provide guidance on work-for-hire arrangements, copyright assignments, and copyright licensing. For example, if your video game is using copyrighted material, if you can obtain a licensing or use agreement from the copyright owner, then such material does not have to be removed or redone.
We can also provide dedicated and trusted legal services if — and when — you decide to sell your video game. Aside from the price, you need good legal representation to protect your rights and to ensure that you are not accidentally “giving away” legal rights and protections buried in the fine print of a contract drafted by the buyer’s attorneys.
But our firm also has a significant depth of experience for other types of legal needs for video game developers. We are talented, aggressive, and proven litigators. You may need to defend against a lawsuit or prosecute a lawsuit. We have litigated in both State and Federal courtrooms. There is a surprisingly large set of possible lawsuits for those involved in video game development. These include intellectual property infringement cases, other types of business disputes, contract disputes, employee disputes, tenant/landlord disputes, government investigations, regulatory actions, and more.
You may also need legal help with other issues, such as:
- Corporate entity formation and maintenance — such as corporations or limited liability companies
- Marketing contracts and compliance with fair business practices laws and regulations
- Social media influencer agreements
- Obtaining use-of-likeness licensing agreements
- Vendor supply contracts and disputes
- Distributor contracts and disputes
- Negotiation and preparation of confidentiality agreements, noncompete agreements, and other agreements needed to protect your intellectual property — needed for employers, potential investors, etc.
- Financing agreements
- Angel and startup investor agreements
- Business ownership and partnership agreements
- Website terms and conditions agreements, including credit card agreements
- Property purchase/sale agreements
- For websites and online sales, assistance with consumer privacy laws and laws with respect to cybersecurity
- Employment agreements and compliance with local, state, and federal labor laws
Contact the Video Gaming Attorneys at Revision Legal